Pages

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Electric Blue in the Office

On  my return to work, I was pleased to find that the temp that had been covering my post while I was on maternity leave was actually so eccentric and fruit-loopy, that my bosses are probably going to be over-compensating in relief at my return for about three years. This gives me plenty of time to make lots of sleep deprivation mistakes, let my temper get the better of me, swear a lot and tell the truth without being immediately put on a series of disciplinaries (it still takes a long time to sack someone at a local authority, even if you defecated in a photocopier, Occupational Health would still write you a stress sick note and then management couldn't get rid of you- brilliant!). Long live lunchtime drinking and falling asleep in meetings (the temp, not me) by setting new lows in ludicrousness and incompetence, she has put me at a new high in mediocrity.

Now I don't want to be a complete bitch and I actually admired a dynsastyesque electric blue suit that she wore to work, so that's what this is really all about. I thought that her style choice was actually very astute bearing in mind the amount of electric blue currently blasting its way into fashion editorial as a Spring trend. I think that I will be secretly paying homage to my characterful cover by wearing more electric blue myself and by lurching around and repeating myself extensively with a baleful look in my eye. On my 'if I was rich' list, this simple dress by Raf Simons for Jil Sander. Let the colour do the talking (and not the shoulder pads).
Jil Sander S/S 'll

No comments:

Post a Comment