Pages

Monday, 20 September 2010

Is breast-feeding stylishly possible?

Thinking about my post-baby body and new curves on holiday, has reminded me of the struggle to find bras that are easy to breast-feed in, look sexy, are supportive and also fit well under clothes. None of the 'purpose built' bras I have bought have ticked all of these boxes and that includes bras from Elle Macpherson Intimates, Cake, Hot Milk, M & S and Agent Provocateur (and the list goes on). Once on, these bras make me feel like an armoured vehicle and the frills, lace and diamante they are often embellished with to compensate, ruin the line of most clothes. Surprisingly, after six months I have finally found a bra for £10, that does what I need and in a million colours (not quite but close).

The Nylon Spandex Micro-Mesh Triangle Cross-Back Bra by American Apparel, is supportive, easy to slide across for feeding and feels barely there. The simplicity of the cross back, I think is the secret to the support and although all the models in the pictures are tiny-titted, the bra gives great shape to my DD breasts in a medium. The black looks amazingly similar to the mesh bras worn by the models in the Richard Nicoll S/S 'll collection too!

No comments:

Post a Comment